To get your body ready for bathing suit season, the best course of action is to make a personal workout routine. Be sure to exercise different muscles throughout your workout, such as your arms, legs and abdomen. A few exercises include: push-ups, leg-lifts, crunches, squats and planks. Complete 2-3 sets of each exercise to both tone and build muscle in all parts of your body. Sticking with this routine combined with going on short runs around your neighborhood will get you in shape in no time!
Looking and feeling your best starts with what you put into your body. Focus on a balanced diet that includes fruit, vegetables and lean meats. Summer is the perfect time for fruit and vegetables so be sure to eat these nutrient-rich foods while they are in season. In addition to meats, other healthy sources of protein are beans and tofu. Although water is essential to your diet year-round, it is a bigger focus during summer months because of the heat.
Tips on Tanning
Getting tan is something that most people aim to do during summer, but why not start now? If the weather is nice and you have a sunny area to lay in, grab a towel, some sunscreen, and step outside. Here are some tips on how to get a fast, safe tan.
- Exfoliate your body before tanning to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Tan gradually; lay in the sun for one hour per day to avoid sunburns.
- Use an SPF sunscreen; you will still get tan and also be safe.
- Wear sunglasses; they protect your eyes from sun exposure that can later cause eye diseases.
- Do not lay on one side the whole time; flip your body over every 20 minutes to avoid getting burnt.
- Lay out between 10a.m. and 4p.m.; these are the sun’s peak hours.